1. The process is easy to operate and control with good amenability to automation.
2. Avoidance of corrosion of plant & machinery due to elimination of sulphur di-oxide gas, hence maintenance cost reduced.
3. Great flexibility in the end product production viz. Raw sugar / Refined sugar / White sugar depending upon the domestic as well as the international market requirement.
4. Consistent sugar quality; quality variation, if required, can be done within the process
5. End product quality is not dependent on cane quality
6. No deterioration of sugar during long storage, no reprocessing required
7. Higher Recovery